Dr Teoh Jian Woei | Consultant Otorhinolaryngologist/ENT Consultant
He is a distinction student since his young age. He remained the top in school since his secondary school, pre-university, university and master programme. He graduated from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia in 2006 for his undergraduate medical training. Subsequently he continued his post-graduate training in the same university.
He attained various awards since his training as an ENT surgeon (best student for part one year one examination, the Professor Sani Award as top in the final exit examination, best dissector in temporal bone dissection and best dissector in head and neck dissection). He remains active in research work and had 9 publications so far in local and international medical journals. He was the best presenter during thesis presentation in University Kebangsaan Malaysia. He had also received “Anugerah Perkhidmatan Cemerlang” from the Ministry of Health Malaysia.
He has received his training in University Kebangsaan Malaysia from some of the best ENT surgeons in the country. He also had various formal and informal trainings from various world renowned local and international ENT surgeons by attending multiple cadaveric dissection workshops and courses which included:
- basic and advanced Otorhinolaryngology surgical skill workshop
- ear/otology trainings (Temporal Bone Dissection, Bone Anchored Hearing Aid, MEdel Cochlear implant hand on, vertigo masterclass, Videonystagmography and Vestibular evoked muscular potential )
- Head and Neck surgery skills and training (Obstructive sleep apnoea, CPAP machine training, Dysphagia management, Da Vinci Robotic Surgery)
- Larynx surgery skills and training (post total laryngectomy rehabilitation academy, Botox injection over larynx and facial, laryngeal and phonosurgery)
- Paediatric surgery trainings (common disorders in paediatric ENT, paediatric airway and tracheostomy)
- Rhinology surgery skills and training (ORL-facial plastic, allergic rhinitis and septal and turbinate reduction surgery, advance endoscopic sinus surgery, Rhinoplasty, advanced neuro-ENT skull base, Navigation endoscopic sinus surgery and balloon sinuplasty, allergic.ashtma and immunology)
- Emergency in ENT and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
He ensured his competence in aspects other than those in ENT by attending various other related courses such as in Radiology and scans in ENT and Palliative Care management.
He is a certified researcher in Malaysia and is actively involved in research. Due to this, he has been honored as reviewer for four local and international journals.
He has various experience and vast exposure to all sort of ear, nose and throat cases from mild to very complicated when he was working in Selayang Hospital, University Kebangsaan Malaysia Hospital and Kuala Lumpur Hospital which serve as one of the largest referral centre of the whole country. His extensive exposure and involvement in skull base operation allowed him to develop special interest in sinus and nasal surgery.
Dr Teoh is registered under Malaysian Medical Council to practice medicine in Malaysia and registered as Otorhinolaryngologist in National Specialist Registry.
His area of interests are:
- Tonsil and Throat condition
- Impacted Wax and Ear Infection
- Vocal Cord Condition
- Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma
- Allergic Rhinitis and Allergic in ENT
- Neck Lumps
- Salivary Gland Disorder
- Obstructive Sleep Apnoea
- Functional Endoscopic Sinus surgery
- Endoscopic Dacrocystorhinostomy
- Injection Laryngoplasty